Meet Dr. Charles Moore
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. Moore is the Founder and Medical Director of International EyeCare, a Houston LASIK and cataract surgery clinic.
• Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology
• Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
• Certified by the American College of Eye Surgeons
• Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
Dr. Charlie Moore and an elite medical team from Memorial Hermann – Memorial City Hospital recently convened in Kuwait after being invited by the Ministry of Defense to work together with the Jaber ALAhmad Armed Forces Hospital.
The purpose of the visit was to allow the Houston specialists to work with the Armed Forces Hospital in pursuing critical and sophisticated surgeries, diagnosing patients, meeting doctors in many specialties, assist them in critical cases and share new techniques and advances in patient care and treatment.read more
Education and Military:
- Lamar High School, Houston, Texas
- Texas A&M University
- The University of Tennessee Medical School
- Internship at Hermann Hospital
- Captain and Flight Surgeon, U.S. Army
- University of Texas Medical Branch Houston
Leading Innovator in Lens Implant Surgery:
- National Medical Director of Intermedics Inc.
- Trained thousands of ophthalmologists in the U.S. and abroad
- Advanced techniques of intraocular lens implants and Houston cataract surgery
- Frequent speaker at the American Society of Refractive and Cataract Surgery, ISRS and many ophthalmologic associations in the U.S. and throughout the world.
- Published over 50 articles about lens implant, ocular surface and refractive surgery
- Dedicated to teaching and development of young physicians
- Core investigator in the National Laser In-situ Kertomileusis (LASIK) study (CRS/USA) which was the research instrumental in getting LASIK approved in the U.S. in October, 1998.
- Honored by The LASIK Institute as a pioneer in refractive surgery.
- Trained the first Summit/Autonomous LASIK Fellowship
Internationally Recognized and Award Winning:
- Works closely with many International doctors
- Involved with the study of Wave Front LASIK procedures since 2000
- First Physician in the world presented with the Global Ambassador Award by Wavelight, Inc., the leading German laser manufacturer.
- Many recognitions for dedication and involvement in the advancement of refractive surgery and for his leadership in introducing new technology to physicians around the world.
- National Medical Advisor of Wavelight, Inc.
- One of the world's most experienced users of LASIK state-of-the-art technology.
- Involved in ongoing data research for the U.S. FDA approval of advanced technology to help people with previous refractive surgeries or irregularities of the cornea who cannot presently benefit from the current technology.
- Special Olympics
- United Cerebal Palsy
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America